Elementary Science course based on National Ag in the Classroom Curriculum
- Kindergarten through 2nd grade will meet every Monday 10a-11a. Their lessons will be age-appropriate science activities to engage their young brains.
- 3rd grade-5th grade will meet every Monday 12pm-2pm. These lessons are a little more challenging to encourage thought, and exploration in various agriculture themes.
- 6th grade-8th grade will meet every Monday 3-5pm. These lessons are STEM focused and will involve group building projects and basic circuit training.
The kids had a great semester learning about beef and dairy cattle, turkeys and pumpkins!
Spring on the farm is almost magical, and this spring will be no different.
Our younger classes will start off the semester learning the basics of soil and seed anatomy. They will take a break from plant life for a few weeks to incubate and hatch some chicks. Then, they will head back into the world of plants to learn about garden design and function.
Our middle school class will learn about the same topics as the younger kids, but they will have more, including: hands on experiences constructing their own incubator, and designing/building a hen house prototype. We will learn about basic circuit function to help them add lighting to their prototypes, if desired.
Registration opens 1/10. Registration fees vary based on class and will help cover cost of materials for the semester. Class sizes are limited, please register early to secure your spot!
- K-2nd grade registration is $20, non refundable. WAITLIST ONLY.
- 3rd-5th grade registration is $25, non-refundable.
- 6th-8th grade registration is $30, non-refundable.
- K-2nd grade: $80/month ($20 per week, 1 hr class *note this is a change from fall session)
- 3rd-5th grade: $120/month ($30 per week, 2hr class)
- 6th-8th grade: $140/month ($35 per week, 2 hr class)
Payments due monthly, prior to first class of the month. Registration reserves a spot in the class from March 7th-May 23rd. If your child cannot attend the class, payment is still required due to advance purchasing of materials.
COVID: Masks are optional at this time. We ask that if you or anyone in your family has had an exposure, please keep your child home.
Please click the SIGN UP button below to register.
Sibling, and group discounts available upon request.
A little about the teacher
Hi, I am Jessica! I have been a homeschool mom for 5 years to my three children (11, 10 and 8 years old). I grew up working on a farm, but transitioned into healthcare as an adult. After my children were born, I always made it a priority to get them out in nature for hands on learning experiences. Five years ago, my family and I moved to our homestead in Johnston County. We have learned so much more through gardening, composting, raising livestock and bees. We are also active in our local 4H community.
I am excited to be able to offer your children some ag-based learning opportunities, and can’t wait to see everyone this spring!