Elementary through High School Science course based on National Ag in the Classroom Curriculum and various Ag programs
- Preschool (4 yr olds) through 1st grade will meet on Monday from 9:00a-9:45a. Their lessons will be age-appropriate science activities to engage their young brains.
- 2nd grade-4th grade will meet on Monday from 10:30a-12p. These lessons are a little more challenging to encourage thought, and we will explore various agriculture themes.
- 5th grade-8th grade will meet on Monday 12:30p-2:30p. These lessons are more STEM focused and will involve group projects as well as individual activities.
- 9th grade-12th grade – pending interest.
Fall is just around the corner, and this Falls FarmSchool will be packed with fun, and innovative lessons to engage your child in learning about agriculture.
PreK-1st- Our youngest students will be learning about livestock and produce. We will discuss livestock such as pigs, cattle and sheep. We will also dig into fall produce- apples, potatoes, beans and pumpkins.
2nd-4th- Digging a little deeper, our elementary students are going to explore topics such as ruminant digestion, and energy sources.
5th-8th: Our middle school students have been thriving with group projects the past few semesters so we are going to keep challenging them this year. This fall, in addition to learning about energy consumption and renewals, the students will be working on 2 team projects based on agritourism and food production/marketing.
Please follow us on Facebook for the latest information on enrollment and class schedules.
Registration will open in July. Registration fees help cover cost of materials for the semester. Class sizes are limited, please register early to secure your spot!
- Class fees vary based on time.
- Registration fees are based on length of class as well as supplies required for the semester. Registration fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Note: Your registration is NOT complete until your registration fee has been paid. At that point your child’s spot will be secured in the class.
- PreK-1st grade: 45 minute class, $15 per class.
- 2nd- 4th grade: 1.5 hour class, $30 per class.
- 5th-8th grade: 2 hour class, $40 per class.
If you register for the class, you are expected to pay for the entire semester. Payments are broken down into monthly tuitions for your convenience. Monthly tuition payments are due prior to first class of the month. If your child cannot attend the class, payment is still required due to advance purchasing of materials.
Please click the SIGN UP button below to register.
A little about the teacher
Hi, I am Jessica! I have been a homeschool mom for 6 years to my three children (12, 11 and 9 years old). I grew up working on a farm but transitioned into healthcare as an adult. After my children were born, I always made it a priority to get them out in nature for hands on learning experiences. Six years ago, my family and I moved to our homestead in Johnston County. We have learned so much more through gardening, composting, raising livestock and bees. We are also active in our local 4H community.
I am excited to be able to offer your children some ag-based learning opportunities, and can’t wait to see everyone this spring!